Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I MADE IT TO LONDON IN ONE PIECE... BUT JUST BARELY.

After ruining my make-up by crying at Uncle Jimmy's house and then again at the airport when my mom waved goodbye to me for the last time--it would be so much easier to say bye if I didn't like these people--I had a nice flight to Philadelphia. I had two seats to myself and it seemed like it only took us 15 minutes to actually get there.

When I arrived at Philadelphia, I knew I had quite a ways to walk with two ridiculously heavy bags, so I spent some time looking at all the art work that decorated the pathways.. while walking still a little too fast on a moving sidewalk. Normally I do not even use the moving sidewalks because they scare me the way escalators scare me, but I was extremely tired, so I risked it.

Everything was fine until I did not realize that it was the end of the moving sidewalk. 

I ended up falling at the end, cutting my hands up a bit on the metal part after the end of the sidewalk. All these people were having to jump/step on me because I was there with two huge bags and then all these airport people came over to help me and make sure that I was OK. They kept yelling stuff about a First Aid kit, but I did not need anymore attention drawn to me.

After that, I went to use the restroom and ended up slipping on a huge puddle of water into the marble sink. My printed copy of Midnight Sun ended up falling into the sink, which happened to be automatic. I ended up with a drenched copy of Midnight Sun and bruised palms.

Oh well.

My flight to London was not bad. Everyone kept complaining about how small the seats were on the plane, which is true. I have never had such small seats in my life. And as we exited the plane, they made sure we went through business class seats on our way out. How clever. 

Meanies.

After making it to the hotel, I just hopped on the underground and went to Tower Bridge first. That's my favorite place :) Then I walked around the St. Katharine Docks, Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden and Leicester Square.

Just a few random notes from today:

--When I come to England, I DO NOT expect to be followed by Kid Rock.
Why, oh why, is his stupid song on the top of the charts here?!

--I was also followed by my favorite song in the world, 'Rock Star,' which is of course by my favorite band, Nickelback. It was in a commercial for furniture. Do you guys not have your own horrible music that you have to steal ours, making it haunt my life just when I thought I got away from it all?

--Oh, and mom will think this is funny.. There is this commercial for cat food that has the song 'Fever' playing in the background. Yep.

--And finally, before I crash--hopefully I'll go to the Zoo and Wimbledon tomorrow!--why do they have shows here like CSI and Cold Case that have different casts than the US casts, but the actors are still American?! It's so bizarre..

St. Katharine Docks
St. Katharine Docks again :) with cute rowing boys..
A cute Starbucks!
A bad picture, but it's the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge! *eeee*
Bad picture again, but it's Piccadilly Circus!


P.S. My favorite Virgin Megastore--the one in Piccadilly Circus--is gone. I'm heartbroken.. but at least I have more money than I would have had if it were there..

No comments: